We’re welcoming in the new year with a look back at our biggest news and updates from December. Here’s to an equally awesome 2016!
Media Bites and Highlights
- Congratulations to The Stanford Inn by the Sea (home of Ravens Restaurant), which was named Winner of the 2016 Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence in the “Best Green Hotel” category for Canada, USA, Mexico and Central America!
- Get Lani Muelrath’s Basic Veggie Burger Recipe, along with an adorable infographic, from Forks Over Knives.
- Did you catch Lani on Good Day Sacramento in December? She shared a bunch of great tips for plant-based party snacks.
- Chef Fran Costigan featured The Plant-Based Journey in her 2015 vegan holiday gift guide!
- Speaking of holiday gift guides, Plant-Powered Families was featured in the guide from Forks Over Knives.
- Plant-Powered Families and The Plant-Based Journey were both featured in the Vegan Mainstream Cookbook Club last month! Check it out for recipes from both books, and to see what this amazing community is all about.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from December:
- We shared part 10 of our Vegans We Love series on the blog
- We were thrilled to see three members of the BenBella Vegan family—The Happy Herbivore Guide to Plant-Based Living, Love Fed, and Plant-Powered Families—featured in the Portland Press Herald’s list of most gift-worthy plant-based cookbooks this year!
- Dandelion greens are a unique (and delicious) source of some valuable nutrients via The Washington Post
Other Bites and Highlights
- We shared a couple of quick dip recipes for holiday parties on the blog . . . but they’re really great for any gathering!
- Our round-up of 24 vegan holiday recipes features some delicious, healthy meal ideas—Spiced Apple and Cranberry Cabbage, anyone?—perfect for a January cleanse, in addition to more decadent treats if you’re looking for something special to make.
- This Chocolate Blueberry Muffin recipe from Tiny and Full is healthy and delicious.