Going fully vegan can be a big step for a lot of people, but the health benefits of a plant-based diet are undeniable. So how do you get your hesitant friends and family on board? Jorge Cruise’s Tiny and Full, while not a purely vegan cookbook, is full of great vegan tips and recipes—making it an excellent gift book for anyone curious about trying veganism, or incorporating more plant-based goodness into their diet. Give the gift of healthy motivation this holiday . . . and we hope you enjoy this Tiny and Full recipe!
Chocolate Blueberry Muffins from Tiny and Full
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp. raw sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. egg replacer
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, egg replacer, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut milk and applesauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop batter into muffin tins about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, and then remove and let cool on a rack.