By Eryn Carlson
In Vegans We Love, we share some of our favorite plant-based blogs, websites, and organizations, and can’t-miss reads from each. Read past posts in the series here.
- Robin Robertson’s Global Vegan Kitchen: Robin Robertson spent many years in restaurants and catering before leaving the restaurant business in 1988 and becoming vegan for ethical reasons. She now is the author of more than twenty vegan cookbooks, and she shares plant-based recipes on her blog, many of which have an emphasis on the vibrant flavors of global cuisines.
- Recommended recipe: We can’t wait to try these Artichoke Muffaleta Po’ Boys, which combine two staples of New Orleans cuisine and are packed with olives and artichokes.
- Minimalist Baker: Though Minimalist Baker is not a strictly vegan blog, the vast majority of recipes—especially the newer ones—are plant-based, and many of them are gluten-free, as well. Dana and John, the couple behind the site, are passionate about proving that diet-friendly recipes don’t have to be complicated and can still be ridiculously delicious.
- Recommended Recipe: Next time we want to add some color to our tables (which, as the days get shorter and colder, is every night), we’ll try this Delicata Squash Bake. Topped with toasted hazelnuts, pomegranates, and a maple-tahini sauce, it looks like it’s bursting with color and flavor.
- The True Spoon: Celeste, the blogger behind The True Spoon, launched her blog to chronicle and share her healthy food experiments from her perspective as a registered nurse and a foodie. Along with simple plant-based recipes, Celeste posts reviews of her favorite restaurants and documents her foodie travels.
- Recommended Recipe: This Curried Carrot Cake looks like a decadent treat for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Vegan Yack Attack: After reading about the harm factory farming has on the planet, Jackie—given the moniker Yack Attack by some former co-workers—became a vegetarian and, later, a vegan. She started cooking at home more and more to avoid the chemical-laden foods found in most supermarkets and restaurants, and decided to start sharing her creations online. Now, hundreds of recipes later, Jackie features a little bit of everything on Vegan Yack Attack, from desserts to raw recipes.
- Recommended Recipe: Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Quinoa-Corn Tortillas would be a great appetizer for a game day menu!