In the Bites & Highlights series we share noteworthy news and happenings from BenBella Vegan and our authors. See past posts here and read on to see what we’ve been up to!
For anyone Texas local, don’t forget BenBella Vegan is a vendor at 2017 HealthFest in Marshall, Texas from March 31st to April 2nd. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Media Bites & Highlights
- Did you know spinach and kale have nearly twice as much protein as beef, calorie-for-calorie? In an article for The New Potato Happy Herbivore Lindsay Nixon talks about the science behind plant-based protein, and how plants pack a serious protein power-punch.
- Jeff Stanford, co-author of Dining at The Ravens and co-owner/operator of the vegan eco-resort The Stanford Inn by the Sea, wrote an article for VegNews with four responses for the age-old “But what do you eat for protein?” question vegans are often asked. On a similar note, read all about the interesting journey two self-identifying “carnivores” recently took to The Stanford Inn, and how they left “feeling full, and realized that it wasn’t meat we were missing after all.”
- PlantPure Kitchen’s Kim Campbell was interviewed by Victoria Moran of Main Street Vegan.
- Ashley Melillo’s Swift Sweet Potato Coconut Curry from Blissful Basil was a featured #MeatlessMonday Recipe via The Humane Society.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from March:
- On #NationalPancakeDay we showcased three beloved pancake options from Blissful Basil, YumUniverse, and Love Fed.
- On #NationalPiDay, we celebrated with sweet and savory pie recipes from chefs and authors of upcoming cookbooks.
- On the first day of spring, we previewed three vegan cookbooks being published this season: The China Study Family Cookbook; Sweet, Savory & Free; One Peaceful World Cookbook. You can pre-order those cookbooks via the afore-linked book pages!
Other Bites & Highlights
- On the blog we shared Grandma’s Rhubarb Sauce from The PlantPure Kitchen, and from Vanilla-Almond Dessert Sauce from the upcoming The China Study Family Cookbook.
- On Instagram, we shared It’s Not You, It’s Coconut Flour: 19 Times Coconut Flour Destroyed Something Delicious by Ashley Mellilo of Blissful Basil.