August has been quite the month. And though summer’s almost over, we’re excited about what’s coming this fall! Here’s what BenBella Vegan and our authors have been up to.
Media Bites and Highlights
- We were thrilled to see three BenBella Vegan titles nominated for VegNews Magazine’s Veggie Awards Favorite Vegan Cookbook of 2015: The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook by Del Sroufe, Plant-Powered Families by Dreena Burton, and The PlantPure Nation Cookbook by Kim Campbell. There’s still time to cast your vote here!
- The Humane Society of America has shared a couple more recipes from BenBella Vegan titles for Meatless Mondays. Check out Penne with Fresh Herbed Corn Salsa from The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook and Asian Cabbage Salad from YumUniverse.
- It was great to see Dreena Burton’s own plant-powered family on the cover of Definition Fitness Magazine this month!
- Speaking of Dreena’s Plant-Powered Families, our friends at Forks Over Knives featured a recipe from the book, Cheesy Caesar Dressing, in a recent newsletter. Find the recipe here.
- Plant-Powered Families is taking the blogosphere by storm! Here are just a few of the places its been featured:
- Newfoundland’s Telegram interviewed Dreena. Read on to find where Plant-Powered Families’ author draws recipe inspiration from, what her all-time fave vegan recipe is, and her tips for parents trying to incorporate healthier foods into kids’ dishes.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from August:
- Recipes from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook via The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Triple-Layer German Chocolate Cake recipe from Love Fed via Oh My Veggies
- Watermelon Smoothie recipe from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook via Hungry Vegan
- The Plant-Based Journey is going on a blog tour
- The Vegan Woman interviewed Dr. LeAnne Campbell and named her Vegan Activist of the Month! Check out the interview here (and until September 2, enter to win a copy of The China Study Cookbook).
Other Bites and Highlights
- We celebrated National Waffle Day by sharing Courtney’s Waffles from Happy Herbivore Abroad on the blog.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and The Chattanoogan both featured the PlantPure Nation film. If you haven’t seen it yet, there’s still time to catch a screening this month!
- Right now we’re giving away three of our titles on Goodreads:
What were your August highlights?