The hazy days of summer are prime travel season for a lot of people—time to relax, have adventures, and enjoy the sunshine. And for some, it’s also a time when eating a healthy, plant-based diet is . . . well, easier said than done. Not having access to your home kitchen can make prepping meals tricky, and relying on fast food isn’t ideal, so what’s a person to do?
Whether you’re road tripping, flying around the world, or cruising to a tropical destination, we’ve rounded up tips from experienced vegans to help you out. Think of it as your plant-based road map.
- Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Flight Food from Heather Crosby, author of YumUniverse
- Plant-Based on a Cruise, from the Happy Herbivore blog
- Eat, Play, Love: Seven Tips for Traveling Plant-Based Anywhere in the World, from Lani Muelrath, author of The Plant-Based Journey
- Travel Tips for Healthy Snacks & Meal Planning, from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Road Tripping While Vegan, from Chickpea Magazine
- Vegan, Gluten Free Travel Snacks & Essentials, from the Will Frolic for Food blog
Have any tips of your own? Please share them in the comments below!
Photo from Fancy Crave