This bright and light ceviche features gorgeous summer vegetables that you are guaranteed to find all year round at your local grocery store and, depending on where you live, you may even be lucky enough to grab all of these summer veggies from your local farmers’ market.
Makes 4 servings
1 large heirloom tomato
1 large cucumber
1 small zucchini
1 ear corn, cut off the cob (about 1/2 cup), or 1/2 cup canned corn
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 Fresno pepper or red jalapeño (ripens red when left on vine)
3 limes, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon mango honey
4 stems spring onion
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Dice the tomato, cucumber, zucchini, and avocado equally in size.
- Cut corn from cob (no need to cook) or use 1/2 cup canned.
- Set all the veggies into a shallow glass dish—a glass pie dish works great.
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Deseed and mince the peppers.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the minced garlic and peppers along with the lime juice, lemon juice, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and honey, then whisk until well mixed. Pour mixture over the veggies in your glass dish.
- Chop the spring onions and cilantro leaves, then add them to the veggie dish. Give everything a good stir until well incorporated and serve.
- For a fanciful presentation, garnish with lime curls. Serve on top of romaine or butter lettuce leaves, wrapped in tortillas, or just grab a spoon and dig in.