From Kim: A picnic just isn’t the same without deviled something. These mushrooms are a fun finger food that will have everyone raving.
Yields: 6–8 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
24 button mushrooms, stems removed
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, or 1½ cups cooked cannellini beans
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon paprika, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the mushrooms, destemmed side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor, combine the beans, water, mustard, vinegar, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, turmeric, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
4. To serve, spoon small amounts of the bean filling into each mushroom cap and sprinkle with paprika.
• You can save time by using raw mushroom caps, but I like to roast them because I prefer a chewier texture.
• Instead of using a spoon, you can transfer the bean dip to a zip-top bag, snip off one corner, and pipe it into the mushroom caps.
Love this Deviled Mushrooms recipe? Learn more about The PlantPure Kitchen and order your copy!