October is here . . . and it’s officially fall! We’ve got lots of great updates and goodies coming for you this month, but in the meantime, here’s what we and our authors were up to in September.
Media Bites and Highlights
- The Plant-Based Journey came out in September, and we kicked off the launch with a blog tour. Check out all of the tour stops here.
- Journey author Lani Muelrath has been busy with the book launch! She stopped by Good Day Sacramento to share her tips for plantifying your plate.
- Lani also had a signing at the Avid Reader in Davis, CA (see photos here). If you missed her visit, keep an eye on our Facebook for upcoming events.
- Today kicks off a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s 21-day vegan kickstart . . . with Lani as a coach!
- Vega featured the Apple Pie Smoothie recipe from Plant-Powered Families. Get sippin’ on your own!
- September means back to school, and Dreena kindly shared her lunchbox tips, tricks, and ideas on Forks Over Knives.
- EcoParent Magazine has these kind words to say about Love Fed: “If I had to summarize Love Fed in two words, I would simply say: pure fun.”
- VegKitchen featured the White Bean and Vegetable Stew recipe from Happy Herbivore Abroad. Get it here!
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from September:
- Recipe for Curried Carrot Soup from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook via Oh My Veggies
- Want to try going vegan but don’t know where to start? Try the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 21-day vegan kickstart program
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie recipe from Plant-Powered Families via the BlendTec blog
Other Bites and Highlights
- Check out what films, books, and events we’re looking forward to this fall.
- Looking for more pumpkin in your life? Get the recipe for Pumpkin Muffins from Plant-Based Journey.
- See why our editor-in-chief (and her sweet baby!) love the Zucchini Crabless Cakes from The China Study Cookbook, and get the recipe.