In the Bites & Highlights series we share noteworthy news and happenings from BenBella Vegan and our authors. See past posts here and read on to see what we’ve been up to!
Media Bites & Highlights
- Blissful Basil author and vegan chef extraordinaire Ashley Melillo has had a busy month! She did an Instagram takeover at @OhSheGlows, appeared on Mark Dillon’s Plant-Based Conversations podcast, and Blissful Basil was mentioned in December’s print edition of VegNews, as well as featured as a great “New Year, New You” title on NetGalley from October 24 until October 30.
- The PlantPure Nation Cookbook was featured as a book review and giveaway on The Taste Space.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from October:
- Texas Veggie Fair! We spent Saturday, October 22 at the Dallas-local Texas Veggie Fair, and set up with a table of freebies and goodies—meeting new book-loving friends and sending them home with BenBella Vegan swag.
- Blissful Basil pre-orders! The new Blissful Basil cookbook comes out in December, but anyone who pre-orders the book up until December 20th will receive a gift recipe bundle from the author herself! Featuring 15 new, exclusive recipes, including vibrantly hued smoothies to decadent desserts with plenty of savory bites in between, it’s Ashley’s gift to readers for supporting the book. Get the details via this link.
Other Bites & Highlights
- ‘Tis the season to be baking! Which is why we shared two festively fall recipes on the BenBella Vegan blog, both from The PlantPure Kitchen (book available in January 2017): Pumpkin Raisin Bread and Slow Cooker Apple Butter. Try pairing them together for a truly seasonal celebratory treat!
- We also shared a list of 5 Inspiring Vegan Athletes, showcasing a handful of amazing athletes who are 100% plant-powered. And that’s just the tip of the vegan athlete iceberg! Many athletes from all types of athletic arenas are switching to plant-powered fuel sources to operate at their highest competitive levels.
- In our mouthwatering 20 Vegan Halloween Recipes post we shared 20 spooky, sweet, and pumpkin-y vegan treats, including a delicious Caramel Pumpkin Spice Shake. Any of these recipes would also make great additions to any November and December holiday gatherings!