October was a big month, both for us and our authors. Here’s the scoop!
Media Bites and Highlights
- We’re so thrilled to see The Plant-Based Journey featured in the November/December issue of VegNews! From the review: “By showing people how to take control of their health through diet, exercise, and lifestyle strategies, Muelrath’s first-rate advice is only made better by her accompanying 25 mouth-watering recipes.”
- Last month we shared that Journey author Lani Muelrath was a coach for the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine’s 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. It went so well that she’s back for November too!
- Lani was also on Chef AJ’s teleclass last month, and stopped by North State Public Radio to discuss Journey.
- Thanks to the Chico Enterprise-Record for their kind words about Journey: “The author is a compassionate and witty guide for those who may want to adopt a new way of eating for dietary or environmental reasons, but who don’t know where to start. The book is structured like a path.”
- Chef Del Sroufe, author of Better Than Vegan and The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook, was a presenter at the 2 Forks Food Conference in Cleveland. If you missed it, he’ll also be at the conference this month in Pasadena!
- Sharon Palmer interviewed Nelson Campbell about the PlantPure Nation film, and also shared the recipe for Cauliflower Buffalo Bites from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook.
- Plant-Powered Families author Dreena Burton shared 8 Tips on Creating and Sustaining a Plant-Based Family on the Vega blog.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from October:
- 17 To-Die-For Vegan Dishes via the OpenTable blog
- Questioning the Ethics & Science of a Pure Vegan Diet via the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Chef Del Sroufe was a guest on Sexy Vegan Radidio
October Bites and Highlights
- We announced some huge news in October: the release of the second edition of BenBella’s Best of Plant-Based Eating, our free ebook with nearly 50 recipes. To celebrate the launch, we’re offering one reader the chance to win our entire line of books!
- October 1 was World Vegetarian Day. How did you celebrate?
- We were thrilled to attend the Texas Veggie Fair in October. (Psst. We’re giving away some of our table swag for readers who couldn’t make it in person!)
- Pumpkin treats are always relevant in our book.
What was the highlight of your October?