In the Bites & Highlights series we share noteworthy news and happenings from BenBella Vegan and our authors. See past posts here and read on to see what we’ve been up to!
Media Bites & Highlights
- Lani Muelrath, author of The Plant-Based Journey, was featured on Veggie Chick, as part of an expert panel offering advice on how to transition to a plant-based lifestyle. You can read her great tips right here! Lani also had her Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup recipe featured in VegWorld Magazine.
- Blissful Basil author Ashley Melillo was also featured as one of the experts for the abovementioned Veggie Chick blog post (read her tips here!). In addition, this past month did a great interview with Health Bloggers Community (HBC) Magazine, where readers can learn more about Ashley, what a typical day looks and tastes like for her, her favorite quote, and more. Ashley was also featured as Practico Goods’ Food Blogger of the Week.
- In mid-November YumUniverse author Heather Crosby did a thought-provoking interview (alongside a cookbook giveaway!) with Design Sponge focused on the beauty of self-care and eating clean.
- The Humane Society featured Savory Mushroom Stroganoff from The China Study All-Star Collection as their #MeatlessMonday Recipe of the Week.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from November:
- National Take A Hike Day was November 17th, and we celebrated the day by getting outside, and sharing some of our favorite and nutritional trail-friendly snacks from The Happy Herbivore.
- We shared twelve of our favorite vegan, holiday-friendly recipes in a festive email newsletter sent out the week before Thanksgiving.
- November 14th was National Guacamole Day and we celebrated by sharing Dreena Burton’s White Bean Guacamole recipe from Plant-Powered Families.
Other Bites & Highlights
- We love fall, but with changes in seasons so too come unfriendly pathogens. Which is why we shared two healing recipes from Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Families that will have you feeling better in no time. We highly recommend Pumpkin Pie Smoothies and Sniffle Soup!
- We did a Thanksgiving-themed recipe round-up, sharing twenty of our favorite vegan dishes that work well as tasty substitutes for more traditional holiday appetizers, entrees, sides, and dessert offerings.
- In our latest installment of Vegans We Love, we featured four fantastic members of this dynamic cooking community, and four of their mouth-watering recipes, including Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries, Three Bean Mushroom Chili, Salted Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, and Tortilla Pierogies with Truffled Sour Cream. (Hungry yet? We know we are!)