TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES | ACTIVE TIME: 20 MINUTES | MAKES: ABOUT 16 MACAROONS
This is a fun recipe because friends who try it can never believe how short the ingredient list is! I love to make these macaroons during the summer when strawberries are in season and I’m craving a light and fresh dessert.
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut butter, softened*
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the macaroons, place all the macaroon ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until mostly smooth, leaving a slightly grainy texture.
- Wet your hands and roll a little more than 1 tablespoon of batter into a ball. Place it on the baking sheet and use your hand to slightly flatten it. Repeat until all the batter is used. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally for 4–5 minutes, until melted. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the macaroons or use a pastry bag (or a plastic baggie with a corner cut off).
- For the coconut butter drizzle, use a spoon or pastry bag to drizzle it over the macaroons.
- Return the macaroons to the freezer for 5 minutes to set. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NOTE: To soften the coconut butter, place the jar in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes before measuring it out.