May was prolific here at BenBella. We were excited to bring out three brand new cookbooks from some talented authors this past month: The Happy Herbivore Guide to Plant-Based Living by Lindsay S. Nixon (May 5), Plant-Powered Families by Dreena Burton (May 12), and The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook by Chef Del Sroufe (May 19). Book releases are always a huge highlight, but we’ve had some other fun stuff going on, too. Check it out!
Media Bites and Highlights
- Great sites have been sharing a lot of BenBella Vegan recipes this May! Check out some of the foodie love below:
- Heck Yeah, Banana Pancakes from YumUniverse in Everyday Health’s roundup of five healthy Mother’s Day brunch recipes. Brunch shouldn’t be limited to special occasions, though. Let us know if you try any of these mouthwatering dishes this weekend.
- One Green Planet shared ten plant-based recipes from Plant-Powered Families and The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook.
- The Humane Society of the United States shares BenBella Vegan recipes in their Meatless Monday newsletter:
- Artichoke Sunflower Burgers from Plant-Powered Families
- Cranberry Chickpea Salad from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook
- Lentil, Kale, and Quinoa Tacos from YumUniverse
- Foreword Reviews had these nice words to say about Love Fed: “An extraordinary assortment of the most delectable raw desserts, from puddings and popsicles to pastries worthy of front window placement in a Parisian bakery.” And cool, no-bake recipes perfect for summer, might we add.
- Plant-Powered Families has been making its way around the internet, including spots on Yahoo! Shine and Forks Over Knives. Follow Dreena and BenBella Vegan on Facebook to see all the recipes and giveaways happening.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from May:
- The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies just debuted an excellent new recipe section on their website.
- PlantPure Nation film takes NYC. (There are just a few more west coast stops left on the screening tour before the film release in July!)
- Our Mother’s Day Bites issue was plant-powered, including a delicious double chocolate muffin recipe.
- Katherine Lawrence’s inspirational story about how The China Study gave her children.
- Del Sroufe has been getting lots of camera time! Check him out on Good Day Columbus and in this demo from Healthfest.
Party Bites and Highlights
- Dreena celebrated the release of her fifth cookbook, Plant-Powered Families at Meet on Main in Vancouver. Check out her fun recap here (spoiler alert: Frozen‘s Elsa makes a cameo).
- Chef Del Sroufe also did a meet-and-greet and signing at The Book Loft in Columbus on the release day for The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook. (If you’re in Columbus and missed the Book Loft signing, join the Wellness Forum party on Tuesday!)
Other Bites and Highlights
- Dreena Burton gave her website a makeover, and we think it looks just lovely.
- The PlantPure Nation Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded! Keep an eye on their website for more information about how your support is being used to spread the PlantPure mission.
- We’re currently giving away two copies of The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook on Goodreads. Make sure you follow our Goodreads page for more opportunities to win our books.
- We listed a new fall 2015 title from the owners of Stanford Inn by the Sea on our website: Dining at the Ravens. The Inn’s chef and nutritionist have also started a great cooking tutorial series on YouTube. Check it out here.
What were some of your highlights and best bites of May? Share in the comments below.