In the Bites & Highlights series we share noteworthy news and happenings from BenBella Vegan and our authors. See past posts here and read on to see what we’ve been up to!
Media Bites & Highlights
- Debbie Adler’s newly released Sweet, Savory, and Free was featured in Parents magazine alongside a recipe excerpt and author article about how to make vegan and gluten-free cookie dough cupcakes (yum!).
- Recipes from and reviews of Del Sroufe’s The China Study Family Cookbook were featured on Bake and Destroy and Veganosity.
- Both Sweet, Savory, and Free and The China Study Family Cookbook received glowing reviews from The Midwest Book Review, and also made PETA’s list of 2017 Vegan Cookbooks We Can’t Live Without.
- Ashley Melillo’s Sloppy Shiitakes with Tangy Rainbow Slaw from her Blissful Basil cookbook was a featured #MeatlessMonday recipe.
- Kim Campbell’s The PlantPure Kitchen and Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Families were both reviewed on Play.Eat.Love.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from June:
- We shared a Sweet, Savory, and Free Goodreads giveaway and a bonus giveaway via The Book Club Cookbook.
- Hitting the road this summer? The China Study Family Cookbook has some great on-the-go snacks for your summer road trips.
- We shared a recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie with Seed Crust. This vegan and allergen-free treat from Debbie Adler‘s Sweet, Savory, and Free is a must-make this summer!
Other Bites & Highlights
- On Instagram, we shared a bright and colorful bookshelf that includes Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Families.
- In/around Washington State this summer? Don’t miss Lindsay Nixon, aka the Happy Herbivore, at Spokane VegFest on Saturday, July 22nd!
- On the blog we shared a recipe for Blackberry-Sunflower Fruit Crisp from Blissful Basil.