In the Bites & Highlights series we share noteworthy news and happenings from BenBella Vegan and our authors. See past posts here and read on to see what we’ve been up to!
Media Bites & Highlights
- Dining at The Ravens was featured in Magnifeco’s 2016 holiday gift guide, and the cookbook and authors Jeff and Joan Stanford were also featured as one of It’s All About Food’s favorite interviews of 2016.
- The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition was reviewed on a “New books for 2017” segment on December 27th via WKPT ABC Radio News (which aired in Tennessee, Virginia, and Western North Carolina).
- Blissful Basil was included in Jessica Murnane’s holiday gift guide, and traveled the blog tour circuit throughout December, with featured reviews, recipe excerpts, and giveaways on a variety of foodie websites, including but not limited to Bake and Destroy, World of Vegan, and Sprout Social. Keep an eye out in January for more great posts from some of our favorite bloggers.
- Here are our most popular Facebook posts from December:
- December 8th was National Brownie Day and we joined the tasty festivities with Dreena Burton’s Crazy Brownies recipe from Plant-Powered Families.
- We shared 24 vegan holiday-themed recipes in a festive Holiday Recipe Round-Up.
- Blissful Basil, Ashley Melillo’s beautiful debut cookbook, hit bookshelves everywhere on December 21st.
- On December 27th we shared the publication announcement for the highly anticipated revised and expanded edition of The China Study, available now wherever books are sold.
Other Bites & Highlights
- Embracing cozy recipes to warm us from the inside on cold winter nights, we shared Easy Does It Sunday Evening Chili from Blissful Basil.
- Winter months are home to holidays and plenty of in-home entertaining, and so we shared a Trio of Holiday Party Appetizers perfect for any festive get-together, featuring recipes from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook, Better Than Vegan, and Dining at The Ravens.
- In our latest installment of Staff Recipe Favorites, Senior Marketing Manager Lindsay Marshall shared behind-the-scenes photos of her making and enjoying Simple Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls from Blissful Basil.