By Erin Files
At the end of this rain-filled month, we’re taking a look back on all the exciting things our authors have been up to—but we’re even more excited to see what May will bring!
What were some of your highlights and best bites of April? Share with us in the comments below.
Media Bites and Highlights
- Did you catch Jeff Stanford and Sid Garza-Hillman on Good Day Sacramento? The segment features Dining at The Ravens‘ Carrot Cashew Pâte recipe.
- Dining at The Ravens also got a great review from The Washington BookReview: “Terrific . . . This book is the newest generation of vegan cooking. Gone are the days when vegan food was boring and dull. This cookbook will inspire even the biggest skeptic to try something new.”
- The Interfaith Alliance invited Lani Muelrath to share her story and highlights from The Plant-Based Journey earlier this month.
- The Plant-Based Journey was also featured on The Nomadic Vegan and in Dr. Ed Dodge’s Wellness Newsletter!
- Dreena Burton, author of Plant-Powered Families, spoke at VegExpo in Vancouver on April 24th. If you weren’t able to attend, you can also catch an interview with Dreena on the Namely Marly podcast!
- Check out the Chana Saag recipe from Everyday Happy Herbivore that the Humane Society featured as their Meatless Monday Recipe of the Week. Yum!
If you pick up the latest edition of Inspire Health magazine, you’ll find a great recipe taken from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook! The next issue will feature the delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip from Plant-Powered Families, perfect for all your summer festivities!
- And here are our most popular Facebook posts from April:
- Ever wondered what vegans really eat? Forks Over Knives provides an inspiring answer in this video!
- We were thrilled to attend this year’s HealthFest in Marshall, TX. Check out all the photos we shared on our page.
- Did you see this Salon article? 20,000 fans of The Simpsons have petitioned to have Lisa the vegetarian become Lisa the vegan.
Other Bites and Highlights
- We shared these two mouth-watering brunch recipes in honor of Mother’s Day, but think they’d be perfect to try any weekend morning.
- Salad lovers: Don’t miss the Kale Salad with Avocado Lime Verjus Dressing we shared earlier this month. It’s Jeff Stanford’s favorite—once you try it you’ll understand why.